Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Goals

I created this blog so that I have an environment where I can explore my life and get to know myself again... connecting the person I've always been with the newer parts of myself... and I suppose reconciling too.

I'm not exactly sure how I will go about doing all that but I feel the need to set goals for myself. One of my goals is to get back into writing. I have no intention of giving up my journaling, that is mostly stream of consciousness, but I would like to get better at exploring subjects.

Over the years I have become lazy which means I think about things quite a bit but I do not share even the top surface of my thoughts with others. Generally, this is probably a good thing but on occasion I will get into a conversation and I realize I have something more to say.

I've been through a lot in the past few years and I've internalized pretty much all of it. Recently, my life has been changing very quickly after a long period of stagnation and I feel compelled to explore it, really stay alert and aware of what's going on so that I can get the most out of it.

I need to move through everything I've internalized in order to get past it and while I do not plan on going on and on about all that, I do think that there is an opportunity for me to better understand myself now through analyzing my collection of stuffed emotions and thoughts.

I only have a few ideas on what I want to write about right now. I'm not really focused on the subjects so much as simply writing so it will be interesting, for me at least, to see what I do with this.

The only other goal I have attached to this space right now is that I will always post a photo. It doesn't have to be related to the post. It simply has to be a photo that I enjoy. I have lost interest in photography. I am not trying to regain that interest so much as regain some appreciation for the things that inspire me to look. Since I'm not that interested in my camera right now, why not look to the photos I've taken and neglected all these years?

No comments:

Post a Comment